- September 2009: My247
made it into the Nett magazine Mobile 30! Read the article and see the other top 29 companies here.
- August 2009: my247 goes local. The new locals version of my247 is now out of beta (formerly new.my247.com.au) will redirect to http://local.my247.com.au/ - the site is designed for users to get a local more personalised feel to their favourite events, venues, movies and more.
- July 24th 2009: On our favourite day of the year (24/7) we estimate we have over 247 new features now live on http://www.my247.mobi/ - one of these new features is you can review restaurants and bars via your mobile phone.
- July 2009: my247 open UK office with a main focus on growing the UK site awareness and audience growth. Andrew Leask, co-founder says "Having a UK office means our development and support window increases to 16 hours - ensuring faster development processes and a more reliable service". Chris Kettle co-founder who is in the UK for the launch "Having a presence in the UK means we can keep an ear on the ground on a local level whilst ensuring a commitment to a global site".
- June 2009: my247 feature as #12 in TechNation's list of Australia's top 100 start ups Ranked by Hitwise All Catgories, June 2009
- May 2009: Chris Kettle co-founder of my247 is awarded as one of Australia's 30 hot entrepreneurs aged 30 and under @ SmartCompany, for the second year in a row.
- April 2009: We've unveiled our new logo and will be updating the brand across the site over the next couple of months. We hope you like it.
- March 2009: my247 are featured as one of Australia's top 20 most interesting new start-ups in the March/April edition of Wealth Creator magazine.
- February 2009: You can now follow my247 on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/my247
- February 2009: my247.com.au smashes 500,000 unique visitors in January 2009! Great work team.
- January 2009: my247 first with QR codes. Dynamically generating over 1,000,000 codes for every venue, event, movie and user.
- December 2008: my247 has it's highest daily visitors ever on 30th December 2008. Top searches for New Years Eve and Movies.
- October 2008: The new my247.com.au 2.0 version goes live for public beta testing. http://new.my247.com.au/.
- October 2008: my247 iPhone App has users in 56 countries with over 7000+ downloads.
- September 2008: my247 iPhone App goes live in App Store! Downloads in 35 countries in first 3 days!
Export Nomination: On the back of the succesful International launch of my247.mobi, my247 has been selected in the top 20 high achievers of the KPMG / Digital Media awards for 2008.
New Release: Version 2.0 of the my247.mobi design released and updated on Facebook! Check www.my247.mobi for details.
Milestone Reached: Facebook Application hits 10,000 Active Users in August 2008.
my247.mobi coming to a city near you!
With the imminent launch of the global launch of my247.mobi, co-founder Chris Kettle will be attending various events in the Europe and the US.
June 2008, Chris Kettle co-founder of my247.com.au is profiled "BEHOLD, THE NEW ECONOMY!" in Anthill Online.
- Barcelona July 4th 2008
Growing up, Chris Kettle never knew the word ‘entrepreneur’. He
just wanted to follow his gut instincts. Now those gut instincts see
him poised to go global with his current company, my247.com.au, a
comprehensive entertainment guide to Australia. Kettle’s goal is to
help you have fun twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week!May 2008, Chris Kettle co-founder of my247 is awarded as one of Australia's 30 hot entrepreneurs aged 30 and under @ SmartCompany.
May 2008, my247.mobi - recevies global recognition as the dotmobi Site of the Week
April 2008, my247's Facebook Application 'My Guide' is the 'One to Watch' in Digital-Media.
April 2008, our International launch as featured in the Sydney Morning Herald.
February 2008, - my247.mobi went live on Australia's biggest Mobile network Telstra Bigpond Mobile. my24/7 can simply be accessed via the Bigpond Web tab.
It's official my247.com.au users are the best and laziest lovers on the web. On February 14th we received our highest daily traffic ever - searching for last-minute places to go. We were also featured in Melbourne's Mx daily newspaper.
Chris Kettle co-founder of my247.com.au is confirmed to speak at Mobile Content World in a Panel discussion "Effectively implementing a D2C strategy", for more details visit the Terrapin website here
my247.com.au broke every record in the book in January, with more site visitors, more restaurant bookings, more function enquiries than ever before.
The my247 Facebook Application known as MyGuide is currently in Beta and surging in popularity. MyGuide allows users anywhere in the world to add, review and share their favourite restaurants, bars and clubs. click here to install.
my247.com.au had it's most popular day ever on December 30th 2007 - with a huge search in movie guides. "We're putting this down to the extreme heat temperatures in Perth and Melbourne and the rain in Brisbane - everyone heading to the movies", Andrew Leask says.
Chris Kettle founder of 247Network was recently interviewed on ABC Radio AM National and Local regarding business optimism despite threat of US recession. The Transcript and Audio can be found here.
2007 was the first full-year of the new my247.com.au site which ranked in the top 10 entertainment sites (monitored by Hitwise) each quarter in 2007.